Looking after your Burnt Soul Lycra
So you’ve purchased a piece of Burnt Soul Lycra joy, you love it and you’ve been enjoying it to the max. Now it’s time to wash it and you don’t want to just shove it in your dirty laundry because you’re not sure how to clean it without damaging it. We don’t want you to either! Which is why we’ve put together some handy tips for caring for your Lycra.
Lycra is a marvellous material. It’s lightweight, highly elastic, strong, durable and non-absorbent to water and oils, great for creating banging outfits. It can be a little tricky to get those hard-to-remove stains from the shinier fabrics though. Follow these guidelines when washing and you can keep your Burnt Soul looking lovelier for longer…
- Do not use hot water - Always wash your Lycra outfit in cool or tepid water.
- Hand wash – It reduces excessive ringing or stretching that will miss-shape your outfit
- Wash it in a mesh laundry bag or pillow case – If you absolutely can’t be bothered to hand wash do it on a cool cycle, or hand wash cycle (if you have one). We’d always go for the hand wash option first though.
- Never use chlorine bleach – It will destroy the fibres of your outfit.
- To remove stains- Try to tackle the stain straight away, so quickly soak the stain in cold or tepid water, do not use hot water as this can set the stain. Apply a small amount of a mild liquid detergent to the stain and gently rub the detergent into the stain. Do not scrub! Once you’ve done this, wash as normal with our guidelines from above.
- Never machine dry – Once you’ve washed your Lycra, drip dry it away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Never iron- You won’t need to anyway, bonus time saver! The heat from the iron will melt the Lycra so avoid this faux-pas.
- To remove strong smells – Come on, it might happen from all the vigorous dancing these outfits inspire! Fill a bucket or sink with cold water and add one cup of baking soda and soak your Lycra outfit overnight. Then drip dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
- When storing your Lycra it's always best to hang where possible, ESPECIALLY if you have liquid foil panels on your piece. If packed tight in a draw the foil is likely to start welding together and when you pull it out next it won't have the same shine as before.
- We love using glittery, shiny and holographic fabrics... as much as you love wearing them! They do tend to need a little more attention than your average pair of leggings though. Whilst we always buy the highest quality of sparkles and foils we can find, if they are being worn and washed as an every day item of clothing then the foils may dull. If you're looking for longevity or to use for fitness then it's best to go for catsuits without liquid foil paneling.
- Keep oily liquids away from the reflective panels. The reflective panels are made by coating the lycra in minuscule glass beads. this makes it hard to get out oily substances once on the fabric. The good news is that it will have no effect on the reflective glow it gives out though, so even if it does happen - you'll still glow wherever you go!
We hope that you find these tips useful and that your Burnt Soul outfit brings you ultimate in sparkly joy time and time again. If you’ve got some care tips you want to share, please comment below or come and find us on Facebook or Instagram.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
We've always been super curious about Burning Man, and have always want hang out in the playa playground of dreams - surrounded by all the creative free and crazy wild souls. Our girl Megan is a seasoned playa explorer, check out her top 10 tips!
We are hosting our BIGGEST giveaway yet with the mother of all festivals. Boomtown are celebrating 10 years of hedonism this year with a weekend that will totally blow your sparkly socks off. Find out how to win 2 VIP tickets and 2 VIP outfits here!
Ever thought about your festival footprint? We've joined forces with EcoStardust to show you what sustainable festival fashion can look like by using Lycra made from old fishing nets and plant-based glitters... going Eco never felt so good!
Below is a size chart to guide you to your best Burnt Soul size along with some information of the different types of fabrics we use.
Fabrics - The amount of stretch you have in different styles will depend on the fabric it's made from.
Foils - We use a few different types of foils in our designs and they all act slightly differently. The black snake print we use for the Siren Catsuits is the most stretchy fabric we use but the rest of the foils tend to have less stretch due to the glue and foil coating.
Prints - The lycra we have recently started using for all our prints is a recycled Life Lycra. This is less stretchy compared to the Lycra we have used previously so if you're a repeat customer, you may feel the difference when buying the same sizes.
Sequins - The sequin fabric we use is embellished onto stretchy mesh so it has less stretch and acts differently compared to the Lycra catsuit. Whilst we have tried to allow for this in the sizing, if you're in between sizing then we suggest going for the larger size.
Leg length - All of the legs are cut more on the longer side and are comfortably suitable for an inside seam of 28"-35". Rebecca pictured here is 5'5" and we did roll these under by a few inches. If you want these tailored to your length click here to add an alteration along with the purchase of your catsuit. This will make the piece non-returnable.
Long torso - Due to the cut, the backless catsuits offer a lot more give so these are recommended for a longer body. We will also be offering torso alterations very soon!
Please contact us for more information or advice on sizing.
JOIN OUR GANG
Be part of the Lycra Revolution!
Sign up to our mailing list and be the first to know about exciting new releases, exclusive offers and sales. Don't worry, we hate spam too so we'll only send you stuff you're going to want to see!
Read our full mailing T&Cs here.